United Methodist Communities at The Shores provides live-in rehabilitative services for older adults who need a little extra time to heal after surgery, illness, or injury. Your loved one can experience professional therapy for a wide range of conditions in a safe, comfortable home setting.
Common Reasons to Choose UMC at The Shores
- Recovering from a stroke or heart attack
- Diagnosed with a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) such as chronic bronchitis or emphysema which causes difficulty breathing
- Experienced a bad fall and now has mobility issues
- Diagnosed with diabetes, thyroid disease or another condition affecting dietary and medical needs
- Partial or full speech paralysis due to Bell’s Palsy, stroke or other conditions
- Surgical recovery that requires medical supervision and therapy before returning home
With this in mind, a household living environment and person-directed philosophy promote healing by maximizing independence. Everyone has the right to live abundantly, regardless of circumstances. A collaborative multi-disciplinary team leads to more comprehensive treatment, which enhances recovery. A results-driven approach helps individuals reach their full wellness potential.
While receiving rehabilitative services from our on-site professionals, your loved one will also have:
- Delicious meals prepared with dietary/medical needs in mind
- No need for transportation as rehab is conducted right in our warm community setting
- Direct access to on-site amenities
- Full management of treatment and medication
- Daily housekeeping and laundry services
- Access to socialization opportunities
To talk to a care coordinator at The Shores, please call or schedule a visit today.
Seniors who receive rehabilitative care with us stay more positive, comfortable, and committed to their treatment programs. How? Our professional care team starts with a complete assessment the day they arrive at UMC at The Shores. From there, we specialize a recovery plan, which includes establishing the types of therapy, medical treatments, and dietary requirements needed. By administering rehab treatment along with other necessary living services, we relieve any external stresses that may prolong recovery. Allowing every resident to fully heal – mind, body, and soul – as soon as possible.
More About Rehabilitative Services at The Shores
Physical Therapy (PT)
Treats mild or chronic pain that is usually caused by injury, trauma, or illness. This type of therapy is efficient in speeding up the recovery process, as well as preventing the pain from reoccurring. Following an assessment, our PTs develop a recovery plan with the goal being not only to ease pain, but to make daily tasks easier and improve overall movement.
Respiratory Therapy (RT)
This form of therapy involves helping people with breathing problems and other lung issues. RT treatments include: consistent chest exams, monitoring blood oxygen levels, oxygen therapy, and learning different methods to monitor breathing.
Occupational Therapy (OT)
The Occupational Therapists at The Shores help older adults recover from injury, regain skills, and provide supports for those experiencing physical and cognitive changes. OT’s also help our residents perform daily tasks of living, such as dressing, bathing, and moving from point A to point B.
Speech Therapy (ST)
Following an assessment, our speech therapists can treat problems linked to speech and other modes of communication. Usually older adults require this form of therapy after a significant stroke or brain injury.